Finding that you have to spend some time inside? Not to worry! Here is a total body workout you can do at home with no equipment needed. Go ahead and open those windows, find a couch, some stairs, and a creative attitude!
Circuit #1: Couch
1. 25 Squats: Stand in front of the couch feet shoulder width apart and squat down to tap the couch and stand back up. If your couch is high up, body weight squats are just as effective.
2. 25 Triceps Dips: Face away from the couch and place your hands on the edge with your fingers facing forward and your shoulders over your wrists. Place your feet straight out in front of you with your heels on the ground and your toes up. To modify, have your feet right underneath your knees. Bend your elbows to lower your body towards the floor until they reach a 90 degree angle. Be sure to keep your back as close to the couch as you can. Then press up to straighten out your elbows, repeat.
3. 25 Glute Bridges: Place both feet on top of the couch shoulder width apart with your butt as close to the couch as you can. Keeping your shoulders on the ground, push through your heels to lift your hips off the ground toward the ceiling. Squeeze your glutes at the top for 1-2 seconds and lower them to the floor, repeat.
4. 25 Push Ups: Place both hands on the couch, wrists underneath your shoulders and do a complete push up.
5. 25 Side Hip Dip: Place one elbow on the couch, and stack your feet on top of each other. Lift your hips into a side plank position then drop them down.
6. 30 sec Plank: Place both hands on couch and hold the plank position, keeping your body in a straight line and bracing the core.
7. 25 Mountain Climbers: In the plank position bring the knees into your chest one at a time, try and do this as fast at you can while still maintaining good plank form
Repeat circuit 3 times
Circuit #2: Stairs
1. 25 Calf Raises: Stand with feet shoulder width apart on the first stair, heels hanging off the edge. Push through your toes to raise your body up then lower down, repeat.
2. 25 (each side) Step Up, Reverse Lunge: Step up to the 2nd step with your left foot while your right foot hovers next to it. Step back with your right foot to the bottom of the stairs while your left foot steps back into a reverse lunge, bring your left foot forward and onto the 2nd step, repeat. Do this 25 times on your left side and then switch sides.
3. 25 Declined Push ups: Get into a push up position facing away from the stairs with your feet on the first step. Keep shoulders over the wrists with your elbows close to your body and complete a full push up.
4. Sprint up and down flight of stairs 2 times, being careful on the way down!
Repeat circuit 3 times
Sarah Browning - Go Far Ambassador