Many of us are experiencing a lot of stress with the evolving changes that the pandemic of Coronavirus (COVID-19) is causing worldwide. Maybe you are experiencing changes in work, school, home, lifestyle and/or the way you interact and connect with others. I want to remind you to continue to find good in change.
If you are rolling with the required adjustments, awesome! Try to share these inner work and skills you’ve develop with others and encourage and support them in their journey.
If you are struggling, remember, we are in this together! After all, as a community we always #GoFarTogether.
Here are some reminders of what you can do right now to take care of yourself:
1. Awareness: Notice your feelings, they are there and there for a reason.
2. Be Present: As psychologist Michael Gervais (@MichaelGervais) says “Be where your feet are”.
3. Connect, and Connect Often: Yes, we may not connect physically but technology allows us to connect in multiple ways. Do it and do it often. Check on your love ones and your friends.
4. Eat Well, Nourish Your Body.
5. Move: Take movement breaks during the day and engage in physical activity. If you can, get outside.
6. Play: Engage in activities that give you joy! Watching a movie, completing a puzzle, playing hide a seek with your kids, reading a book, cooking, playing an instrument, cuddling and/or playing with your pet.
7. Sleep: Make it a priority, sleep is necessary for recovery. Good sleep is important to the immune system.
8. Practice Kindness: We are all experiencing a different level of impact and stress. If you can give a hand, offer help, share a smile. It may go a long way!
9. Be Grateful: Every day find three things/people you are grateful for or fill your bucket.
Remember, we are in this together, when we take care of ourselves, we are most likely to be able to help others in our community to continue to GoFar.
-Lizi Bolanos-Nauth, Go Far Ambassador