1) Learn to love yourself. What do you mean to yourself? What do you want? What would it mean to love YOU?
2) Quiet your inner critic. Our thoughts of self can be pretty poisonous. Instead of listening to those conditioned, poisonous thoughts, create new supportive thoughts that hush your inner critic.
3) Accept yourself as is, just the way you are, RIGHT NOW. You can't undo what has already been done. If you continue to wish for something else you will continuously chase an ideal that will always be something more, something you don't have.
4) Learn how to support yourself mentally. Become your own cheerleader. Learning how to change your thoughts is paramount in the pursuit of self love. Daily reflection, gratitude lists, meditation, therapy, and community can all be helpful tools in regards to mental health.
5) Be present. Breathe deeply. Diaphragmatic breathing, preferably done through the nose, can help switch your body into the parasympathetic state, aka your rest and digest state. Try a technique called box breathing: inhale for 5 seconds, hold for 5 seconds, exhale for 5 seconds, hold for 5 seconds. Repeat for 10 breaths.
6) Don't compare to others. Just don't. No one wins. Your chapter 1 will not look like someone else's chapter 9.
7) Delete accounts that leave you feeling worse off. On the flip side, follow accounts that add value to your life and bring you positivity.
Kari Sullivan - Go Far Ambassador